Sunday, January 28, 2007

It's a bright Sunny Sunday AM...in all respects...not just the weather. Lauren is much improved.

Her breathing is much better...clearer and smoother. They have decided to up her respiratory and PT therapy today to continue to clear secretions. I'm going to give her Saline aerosol treatments every 3-4 hours to see if we can help in promoting the mucous thinning. She has been such a little trooper with this therapy. We have to use a little paddle to repetitively tap her chest to break-up the secretions. She didn't sleep the greatest last night with the activity, but the rewards of the labor are paying off today. Her lungs definitely sound clearer from yesterday. BUT, certainly let's give credit where credit is due...THANK YOU FATHER for hearing the petitions of her prayer warriors and answering our plea.

They have removed her oxygen this morning, and have taken her off of the Vancomycin. The true test will be tonight when her respiration is usually weaker. If her oxygen saturation is still okay through the night, we will be in good shape.

We didn't get approval from surgery yesterday for the tube feeds, but we DO have their approval today, so she will begin taking some pedialyte through her feeding tube in just a bit, and then move to formula. Surgery is also going to continue to give her the anti-acid medications for the next few weeks to protect her tummy lining.

The next 24 hours will be critical to her discharge.

What are we praying for today:
*RESISTANCE to secondary infections. Her room is surrounded by flu, RSV, and serious upper respiratory infections. Should she contract something else, this would be a serious set-back.
Also praying for:
*No Fever
*No Vancomycin
*No oxygen
*Tolerate feedings

If she can show as much improvement in the following 24 hours as she did the last, we are looking at a possible discharge tomorrow!

Not only do we thank you for the prayers...thanks for the messages. It is such encouragement. We love you all so much! <><

Singing HIS praises today!
Love, Cindy :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love You Lauren!! (: ... We're prayin' for ya up in Tiger Town!! Hang in there baby!
Mae Mae

Anonymous said...

Jennifer updated me yesterday and I wanted to let you know that Lauren and the entire family are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless each of you. I love you all.

Rhonda Woody

Anonymous said...

Good Morning WT,
I've been checking daily. I hope you got my blinking message (as we used to say yesterday even though it wasn't a blinking light). I just wanted you to know you were on my mind. The kids at church were praying everywhere for our baby girl yesterday. Austin said it was being prayed for before he could even get his hand up. That warmed my heart. He is asking everyday if I've talked to you yet that day. He is quiet. Just how we thought he would be. I could not be happier with how our baby girl is doing. She is one little trooper. Before we know it she will be back up and dolled to the hilt. I tried to put all her slipper shoes in her bag with Colleen that day. I knew the multi reds would match the t'shirts. Then Colleen reminded me she did not want them to get lost. Got to have someone ground me with that matching thing. I love you so much and wish I could take all this away. If I could I would.
WT

Anonymous said...

Our family is praying for your family & your prayer request. And, we had Levi's Upward basketball team praying for Lauren at the game Saturday. I hope Lauren get's to come home soon.
Love ya,
The Turner's

Stephanie said...

We would like for you to know that Lauren and each of you are in our prayers. We just heard yesterday at church about her sickness. We were in the hospital during Christmas with our little one with pnenomia and I know you worry about the other sickness around you. We will continue to pray for you all.

Love,
Stephanie Towe

Anonymous said...

We hope today is a better day. We will continue to pray for Lauren and the family.


Love in Christ,
Jamie Clements

Anonymous said...

Andy, Cindy, Caden, and Lauren;
We continue to pray for each of you daily. We give God praise for having allowed you all to be a part of our lives. Charlie and Natalie send their love to both Cayden and Lauren.
Love in Christ, The Nix Family